Life Updates + Hiatus Explanation

Two Point Perspective crafts content to help and inform creative individuals so they can overcome their fears and reach success.

*coughs and swats at all the cobwebs* Well, hello there! It's me, Rosie, and I can't believe I'm sitting down to write a blog post for you after a three-month hiatus. It wasn't intentional - trust me - but I had a lot going on. Let me explain by updating you on my life as of late.

I recently graduated from my community college with my associates.

This Spring semester I took 5 classes (15 credits) in order to graduate this semester. Right now, I'm still in shock that it's all done and over with and I'm free. It's hard for me to process. I went from not wanting to attend college at all to getting my two-year. If it weren't for my family and newfound friends, I wouldn't be able to say this.

Because I pushed myself to finish this my degree this semester, I had a take on a lot. And there simply wasn't time to sit down and blog - or, at least I convinced myself that was true. Honestly, the whole reason I didn't want to attend college in the first place was that I thought I could make a living out of blogging full-time. Then when I started attending school full-time, I held onto this dream, making it my side project. I began questioning all of this back in February, which led to me taking this break. So basically I had a lot on my mind and on my plate, and I didn't want to force content out there that was only half passionate.

You feel?

I also have no idea where I'm going now.

So I started school aiming for an art therapy degree. But after taking an American Sign Language class on a whim - and then being told by my professor that I could make interpreting my job - I'm conflicted. There are pros and cons to both, with interpreting looking much more promising due to needing two years (or less) to complete and I could get a job right off the bat, due to the big Deaf community in my state and area. And the more I think about it, the more I realize I could actually do it. There's simply a lot of research I need to do so I'll keep you updated on that.

Anyways - what does blogging mean to me now?

A lot. It means something that I started in 2011 has stuck with me for so long. It's connected me with so many amazing friends with beautiful souls. It's inspired me. Watched me run six plus blogs, a thousand plus web designs, and many ideas for posts to share.

But is it for me anymore?

I want it to be. In this current phase of life as I try to figure myself out, maybe it's exactly what I need. But from here on out, it's not about money, views, or followers (though it really hasn't been my goal since starting this blog). It's about putting content out there that will help you and is about topics I'm passionate about. :)


In other news...

  • I opened up a depop! And it has some of the cutest name brand clothes that I have ever seen on it. <3_<3 If you're in the mood to shop - or you know a friend is - please check it out and share with your loved ones. :)
  • I have the summer off! As a reward to myself, I am taking the next three months off from school. That means I have the time to figure myself out and pursue my passion projects (that means more podcast episodes!) - as well as post as here more. I am looking forward to sharing inspiring content with you.

Thank you for sticking with me.

Special shout out to Vaishnavi for reaching out to me and leaving me such an inspiring message. Each and every one of you means so much to me.

I love you,

xx Rosie

6 comments :

  1. Yay, a Rosie post!

    Congratulations on graduating with your associates! *confetti* I can't wait to see more posts (but I totally understand the hiatus thing. School is EXHAUSTING.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, a Nicole comment! ;)

      Ugh, thank you so much! It's been a wild two years but I am so ready for what's next - whatever that may be! Thank you for your support and kindness. I can't wait to see what you think of what's next! ;)

      xx Rosie

      Delete
  2. ahh, rosie CONGRATS on completing your college year. as for spitting out content on a whim, I totally get it; just do you! also, the heart wants what the heart wants- one day, you'll just wake up knowing what you want to do (it's definitely happened to me before). and congartulations on where the past year has brought you I'M SO PROUD -sniffles-
    don't forget to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand that! Congrats on college! And I'm happy to hear from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on graduating!!! That is so exciting!!! It is so nice to see you around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like we are all kind of going through this blogging might not be for me anymore but how do I not do it when I've been doing it for so long phase. LOL just wrote about it. Guess that's part of growing up? Busy busy. ASL is awesome and I know people who love learning it and everything but art therapy sounds just as great. Bless you and may you be guided.

    CONGRATS on that degree! You're rocking it!

    ReplyDelete

My Instagram

Copyright © Two Point Perspective. Made with by OddThemes