The Sunshine Blogger Award + Linkup


Hello friend! This week on the blog I am doing something a little different. I'm not new to the blogging world, but I am always looking to connect with new bloggers! So when I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award (*blushes*), I thought this would be a good chance to reach out to you and other bloggers by hosting a linkup party (CONFETTI).

Quick shout out and thank you to Kaylan over at No Two Paths for nominating me!

Let's get into this...

The Rules:

  • Answer the 11 questions
  • Nominate other bloggers and provide for them 11 questions to answer
  • Link up your blog or social media post below
  • Comment on the blogger who linked up before you
  • BONUS: Include the button below in your post.


TPP Linkup

My answers:

What made you decide to start blogging?

Oh goodness. Well, back in the day (2011), I was a HUGE American Girl Doll fan. I mean I was obsessed. To the point where I followed websites and eventually stumbled upon blogs. That's when I found Liz's site, American Girl Doll Fan. Her content really inspired me to get into blogging and photography. I believe my first site was called Loving Your American Girl Doll (wheezes), and it was a blog filled with horrible posts backed with joy.

What are some small things that make your day better?

When people ask me, "How was your day?" and they look you in the eye while they listen to me ramble on.

When someone belly laughs.

When it's an hour or two before sunset (golden hour), so everything is covered in a bright orange hue. Those are times when I want to go out into the world because everything seems so much more in focus and calm.

Spotting a new patch of flowers. Discovering a new song. Piecing together a new outfit from old clothes.

What is your favorite genre to read and/or write?

I LOVE to read and write in a variety of genres. Dystopian is what got me into reading/writing in the first place, but lately, my writing style seems to be shifting toward the unique combo of romance, sarcastic remarks, quirky characters, and adventure under super weird circumstances.

Like recently I was reading a story about a girl and her best friends who decide to make the summer their own before they have to go back to school and by the first inciting event she's bitten by a werewolf, kidnapped by vampires, and finds out she can pause time. That's the kind of stuff I like to write. XD

I also love to read shojo manga (1473902301/10 recommend Fruits Basket) and cute YA contemporaries.


Who is someone who has inspired you, and how have they inspired you?

There are many people I find inspiring, but the closest to me would have to be my mother. I know how much she has endured and how filled with love her heart is. She always takes time for her children, even if that means putting aside time she could spend taking care of herself. She's inspired me to work hard and put my best effort forth up front, rather than when I "feel like it".

What verse, passage, or book of the Bible is especially encouraging or interesting to you, and why?

My all-time favorite verse would have to be 1 Peter 5:7, "Cast all your anxiety on Him for He cares for you." This verse got me through my first semester of college, a time when I was really struggling with anxiety toward academics and people. I still remember this verse frequently, when I am feeling stressed or worried.

What stereotype (or a mix of them) do you live up to?

Probably the "nerd with the good grades has no social life" -- though I'm trying to change that! Sometimes it's just easier to stay inside and study. XD But I'm really looking forward to this semester and my goal is to make so new friends.

Also, the "girls aren't good at sports". I am super bad at sporty games (anything throwing, catching, dribbling, running...), and they make me really nervous. But I can totally throw a dirty napkin into the trash can from four feet away and make it. I'd say that's good enough for the life I plan to live. ;)

What is a book that has impacted you, and how did it do that?

Man's Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl. This book... I recommend it to everyone (older than 13 --it's a sad read). It's an amazing read. It's humbling because the author talks about what he learned during his time in the Nazi death camps. He doesn't even go into full detail about his experiences, but throughout the book, you learn about how cruel human beings can be and how much they can endure, as long as they hold onto hope.

One of my all-time favorite quotes goes like this:




What is one thing you wish you could do, or know how to do?

Attract people and connect with them. I strive to learn how people tick, but I tend to get so caught up in myself that it doesn't happen. But I would love to be the type of person people feel safe talking to. I want to be someone who gives really amazing advice that sounds like it came from a monk and not a frazzled twenty-year-old.

When you were younger, how would you answer the question “what do you want to be when you grow up?” Has that changed?

When I was younger I wanted to be a ballerina. Ballet was my life, but as I got older I realized it wasn't my dream job. It was something I enjoyed until there was pressure for it to become my career.

Now if someone asked me that same question, I would say I'd want to be the best possible version of myself. I've realized lately that I think in terms of pleasing the people around me. How I am seen by people somehow became the way I determined my worth. I'm a people pleaser to the core, and because I've realized this, I want to enter into a journey where I will eventually discover the balance between staying true to myself, doing what God has called me to achieve in life, and also helping others.

Bonus: One of my professors says that we should rephrase this question when we ask children because when you're a kid (teen, young adult, etc.), you don't know what you want. You know the options you've been told and you know what looks cool. Most importantly you know what you're interested in. A better way to phrase this question is, "What kind of problems do you want to solve?" Do you agree with this reasoning?

What is the last adventure you went on? (and adventure is a loose term, interpret it how you like!)

Two weeks ago I went on a family vacation and that was definitely an adventure! We road tripped all over Ohio and Kentucky, doing something new almost every day. One of my favorite stops was the Ohio State Reformatory (the same place they filmed Shawshank Redemption and Air Force One). I got to venture into the same buildings as Morgan Freeman and Harrison Ford. Major fangirl moment!!

What have you created that you are most proud of?

Without a doubt, I would have to say the book series I am working on publishing. The Visionaries is a trilogy that has been under construction for almost three years now. Back when it was first born, I was writing it with my best friend, and because I wanted to surprise her each day with something new, she inspired some of the best writing I have ever done in my life. The books are filled with scenes backed by pure emotions and that's what makes me proud.


Questions for participants in the linkup:

  1. Does creating (writing, taking photos, etc.) energize or exhaust you? 
  2. What are the creative hobbies you save the most time for?
  3. What's your favorite color and how does it make you feel?
  4. Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
  5. What was the last book you read and when?
  6. What's your favorite season (winter, spring, summer, fall) and why?
  7. What do you do or where do you go when you want (or need) to be alone?
  8. What trait do you envy in others?
  9. What is a goal you'd like to accomplish by the end of 2018?
  10. If there was one message you could get across to the entire world, what would that message say?
  11. How would you like to be remembered?

The Link Up:


4 comments :

  1. AAAH, this looks so fun! I don’t know if I’ll be able to do it now, but hopefully I see a lot of people begin to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Piecing together a new outfit from old clothes is the BEST! I love that you mention that, because there's always a small feeling of victory that comes with figuring out a new outfit combo. Also, your vampire summer pausing time story sounds EPIC! I would read that in a heartbeat. :) I love quirky stories like that.

    ReplyDelete

My Instagram

Copyright © Two Point Perspective. Made with by OddThemes