Reader Debate: Time versus Task



Hello friend. Today I am doing something a little different on Two Point Perspective: I would like you to answer a question for me.

But first, some context.

I was thinking the other day about how I go about getting things done. Sometimes when I make a to-do list, I will write down how much time I have to dedicate to the project and sometimes I will write down how much needs to be accomplished--without giving myself a time constraint.

This spurred the question of which is better: committing time or accomplishing tasks.


I think we've all experienced setting a time limit for ourselves and when we look up at the clock we realize not everything got done. There's less pressure this way, and more room for a creative spirit to enter in. BUT it's much easier to lose yourself and lose track of what was supposed to get done in the first place.

On the flip side, there are the times when I say I'll read a chapter and it drags out to take much longer than anticipated. This leads the way toward productivity but can seem rigid and self-defeating when there are tasks leftover and time is running out.

Further still, there are situations in which the elements of time constraints and accomplishment of a task are combined, like standardized tests and fitting a 45-minute show into 15 minutes. * This can lead to feelings of peace--when done the right way.

* This may or may not be a joke.

I thought I would turn to others in the hopes of gaining personal insight from their experiences. That's where you come in. Please, tell me, what has been your experience when trying to be productive? Do you think time or task is the priority? Or is it better to mix the two?

Take the reigns, my friend!

Today's post is short and sweet because I want to focus on you. What mindset helps you stay productive? Giving yourself a time frame or setting out to accomplish a specific task? Or a combo of both elements? Let me know in the comments below!

2 comments :

  1. Ooooo, this is a really good question! Right now I’m trying to do time. I figure that if I give myself a time limit that I will be more motivated because #procrastination.

    This is a good idea! I’m curious to see what others think . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have to say I agree with you -- time seems to be a very motivating factor, ESPECIALLY if you deal with procrastination.

      Me too! Thank you for joining in the discussion. :)

      Delete

My Instagram

Copyright © Two Point Perspective. Made with by OddThemes