For When You Doubt Your Self, Your Talent, or Your Worth

Are you proud of your message? It doesn't matter if it comes out the wrong way sometimes or doesn't make sense to everyone. Does it make sense to you? Are you cultivating the skills to say that message? Are you riding out a journey that sure as heck is difficult yet fulfills you to the point that it shakes you to the core?    Your core, your message, is what attracts people. Your people. The right people.

I made a promise to myself this year that I would post once a week on my blog.

Yet after taking a break for so long, my creative muscles need more warming up. I'll start but never finish, wondering if I have any good ideas left. The idea of settling, providing something mediocre, just to meet a goal I made -- is that who I am now?

Part of me also worries that I'll disappoint someone -- you, my reader, or even myself. TPP is still such a small space, and though the wish for skyrocketing popularity no longer knaws away at me, I do so wish to be acknowledged. Everyone wishes that at some point, right?

But in these moments where I question myself, my talent, and my worth, I find it best to take a step back. Look at the bigger picture.

A few views or followers won't make a difference in the long run. They don't determine my value.

Even what I make and the varying degrees of quality that come out of my creative sessions -- that doesn't determine my worth.

The heart does.

The passion does.

I won't say that the big bloggers with all their elaborate advice are wrong. Sure, consistency is key. Readers gotta know you're committed. Writing in a small niche narrows down who you touch and you know who you're reaching. And yeah, a large email list may mean you can make some dough. But it's not a guarantee for success. Your personal vision is.

You want to know what I see as success? This is my version, so be ready. I see success as putting out words I'm proud of -- no, not even that. Putting out a message I'm proud of. Let go of the idea of talent, of providing life-changing advice, of fancy schmancy flashy stock images. That's all fine and dandy but look at your core.

Are you proud of your message?

It doesn't matter if it comes out the wrong way sometimes or doesn't make sense to everyone. Does it make sense to you? Are you cultivating the skills to say that message? Are you riding out a journey that sure as heck is difficult yet fulfills you to the point that it shakes you to the core?

Your core, your message, is what attracts people. Your people. The right people.

I'll leave you with this...

You don't know how your work touches someone. Trust the process. Be okay where you are.

Live out your life in the real world. Be present among other fleshy humans.

The journey is where you do the growing in order to meet your destination.

And most importantly...

I love you.

3 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Are you riding out a journey that sure as heck is difficult yet fulfills you to the point that it shakes you to the core?"

    oof. this post hits home for me. :')

    This is something I've been thinking about a lot lately; just looking at the bigger picture, asking myself "what's it all about?" and trying to stay in touch with reality when I spend so much of my time dreaming and imagining. Like yes, we've gotta have those dreams but if you're always thinking about the next thing, the bigger and better version of the thing we're doing now… we never truly enjoy and experience what IS.

    okay I'm ranting now but basically I just want to say THANK YOU FOR PUTTING THIS INTO WORDS. It's something I feel very deeply and it's so good to know I'm not alone. your voice impacts others, Rosie. I know it impacts me. <3

    rock on,
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete

My Instagram

Copyright © Two Point Perspective. Made with by OddThemes