The Vincent van Gogh Lookbook

My lesson for you today: Dress however you want. As you can see, my style doesn't fit inside one aesthetic, but bridges many. It's taken me a long time to get to the place where I feel okay dressing in the way I want to. And then feel really good in my clothes too. Sometimes there will be a voice in the back of my head, telling me not to wear "boyish" clothes because, with my haircut, I'm already leaning into that territory. However, I won't allow this fear to stop me from wearing clothes that make me feel good.


The older I get, the more I realize how much I express myself through my clothing.

I love surfing Instagram and Pinterest for outfit inspiration -- and then using my own clothes to create a similar style but in my own tastes.

But I don't normally profess that. So why today?

This post is not only a little bit outside my "niche" but also a little outside my comfort zone. For some reason, I fear that I will lose readers if I stray too much from the self-help or creative content I usually strive for (even if it's something I am passionate about or something that pertains to my interests). That's why I wanted to do write this post and take pictures in the freezing cold. I want to step outside my comfort zone and express myself. Isn't that why I started TPP in the first place?

Look #1: Rosie attempts to be edgy






The Look:

  • Yellow Kanken sent to me by my #1 fan
  • "You are my sunshine." tee designed by @mostees
  • Black denim Lee jeans, thrifted
  • Red socks from MailChimp
  • Doc Marten combat boots with yellow laces
  • Belt and blue jacket were also thrifted

Tweet about it: Need outfit inspo? Check this out!

Look #2: In which Rosie doesn't have a personal photographer available



Please enjoy my attempt at a model expression and my #aesthetic background. Just keeping it real for you. ;)

  • Starry night tee from Amazon
  • Thrifted black long sleeve shirt
  • Black super high waisted jeans from JC Penney's
  • Docs with yellow laces
  • Red Mailchimp socks
  • Thrifted black belt

Look #3: The dark corner of Starry Night





  • Plaid skirt thrifted (brand is Forever 21)
  • Blue sweatshirt
  • Docs with yellow laces
  • Sheer black tights
  • Thrifted denim jacket

Look #4: I am Vincent


  • Thrifted plaid men's button up
  • Thrifted men's jeans
  • Thrifted black belt

My lesson for you today: Dress however you want.

As you can see, my style doesn't fit inside one aesthetic, but bridges many. It's taken me a long time to get to the place where I feel okay dressing in the way I want to. And then feel really good in my clothes too. Sometimes there will be a voice in the back of my head, telling me not to wear "boyish" clothes because, with my haircut, I'm already leaning into that territory. However, I won't allow this fear to stop me from wearing clothes that make me feel good.

What are some of your favorite clothing items?

What's your style? What are your favorite colors to wear? Function or fashion? Are your clothes an expression or simply something to wear throughout the day? I'd love to know.

1 comment :

My Instagram

Copyright © Two Point Perspective. Made with by OddThemes